Fruity Loops (FL Studio) is a full-featured music production environment capable of multi-track audio recording, sequencing and mixing for the creation of professional quality music tracks. With VST & DX hosting, a flexible 99 insert-track mixer, advanced MIDI, DX and ReWire support no musical style will be beyond your reach. Songs or loops can be exported to .wav, .mp3, .ogg or .mid format.
What can FL Studio do?
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, and using spline-based automation curves or automation generators with formula-based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio, including application of real-time audio effects such as delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting (VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native format)
What's new in FL Studio 20.8.1:
- Piano roll menu - Moved piano roll Helper options to View menu as it is more logical for new and forgetful users
- Parametric EQ 2 - Added context aware type-in value support for Frequency and Gain controls. For example you can type 2000 for 2000 Hz or -6 for -6 dB.
- Granulizer - Added context aware type-in value support. For example type in 50 instead of 0.5 to set a control to 50%.
- Maximus - Added Monitor Input selector option in the Settings Menu for band visualization.
- PanOMatic - Internal modulation (LFO) now previews on the XY control display.
- Keyboard Controller - Preview keyboard Keys light up when notes are active.
- ZGE Visualizer - Added an option to pre-load audio, to allow videos with audio playback.
- Performance monitor - New filter option to focus on a specific plugin. Also can now be opened by double-clicking the CPU Panel.
- Keyboard Shortcut Keys - Changed 'Paste value' in some menus from 'p' to 'v'. Check the menu hints.
- Mixer - Increased the maximum width of the Mixer so all tracks can be shown without having to scroll. Assuming your monitor/s are wide enough.
- Touch keyboard - The maximum width of the Touch Keyboard now depends on the key size.
- Diagnostic - Includes information about the number and resolution of computer screens in use.
- MIDI scripting - Allow selection of next and previous plugin presets. channels.selectOneChannel now scrolls to the selected Channel. New functions: Screen functions: removeTextLine and addMeter. getLastPeakVol returns last peak value. Channels function getActivityLevel to show Channel activity. Patterns function burnLoop. Optional parameter to channels.showCSForm to allow closing a window.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware