Fruity Loops (FL Studio) is a full-featured music production environment capable of multi-track audio recording, sequencing and mixing for the creation of professional quality music tracks. With VST & DX hosting, a flexible 99 insert-track mixer, advanced MIDI, DX and ReWire support no musical style will be beyond your reach. Songs or loops can be exported to .wav, .mp3, .ogg or .mid format.
What can FL Studio do?
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, and using spline-based automation curves or automation generators with formula-based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio, including application of real-time audio effects such as delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting (VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native format)
FL Studio 20.8.4 Build 2553 changelog:
- Apple Silicon Support - Native ARM code support for Apple Silicon (M1 and related CPUs).
- 3x Osc - Added anti-aliasing to oscillators.
- Frequency Shifter - Special effect to create metallic, dissonant, ring modulation and phasing effects. Included with Producer Edition and up.
- Control Surface - Added a 'Show labels' option to show or hide control labels.
- Toolbar - Added a toolbar button to change set language. This will appear by default when the language is changed from the default.
- Edison - Apply visualization options without closing the menu when (Right+Click) is used. Renamed 'Disable undo for large samples' menu to 'Enable undo for large samples'.
- Piano roll - Added an option to preview notes as they are mouse clicked into the piano roll during playback.
- Maximus & Limiter - Added a menu option to disable the -0.2 dB safety margin.
- Mixer Menu > Recording - Added an option 'Apply track level and mute when recording' so these can be ignored when recording 'Post' effects in the mixer
- MIDI Settings - Added 'Pickup' functionality for controls linked to external controllers (option in General settings)
- ZGameEditor Visualizer - Web cams can now be used in multiple instances of the plugin at once. There is also a new 'Luminance average' internal controller for each buffer available on the (Right+Click) Link to controller option. New video scrubbing option using the 'Video Controller effect. New 'Peakmap' effect by Dubswitcher.
- Playlist - Renamed 'Consolidate track(s) > Full song' to 'From song start' to match export options.
- MIDI Scripting - Added: Option to get user defined name to the GetPluginName function. function mixer.isTrackMuteLock, getTrackStereoSep and setTrackStereoSep functions to mixer module, function to get color of keys for a specific plugin (only FPC for now), Hardware_Refresh_ControlValues flag for OnRefresh event.
- Patcher - Added (Ctrl+C) and (Ctrl+V) for copy and paste on inactive parameter popups
- Mixer - Increased brightness of volume (dB) label on Mixer Tracks
- Mixer - Track (Right-Click) & Mixer Menu options to reset routing for selected Mixer track(s) to default.
- Automation - Added a Mode option to the Global Link popup.
- File Menu - Added options Export all playlist tracks > 'From track start', 'Song start' or 'Time selection'.
- FL Studio Mobile - Updated. See here for changelog.
- Piano roll > Note properties - The Note Properties dialog is now always shown on the same screen as the Piano roll.
- Windows File Browser - Replaced all folder selection windows with the modern OS File Browser window.
- Burn to MIDI - Additional reset options for Swing and Arpeggiator pop-up after selecting Burning MIDI.
- See the full Bugfix and Changelog here
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware