fmedia is a fast asynchronous media player/recorder/converter for Windows, Linux and FreeBSD. It provides smooth playback and recording even if devices are very slow. It's highly customizable and can be easily extended with additional plugins. Its low CPU & memory consumption saves energy when running on a notebook's battery.
Play or convert audio files, record new audio tracks from microphone, save songs from Internet radio, and much more! fmedia is free and open-source project, and you can use it as a standalone application or as a library for your own software.
fmedia can decode: .mp3, .ogg (Vorbis, Opus), .opus, .m4a/.mp4 (AAC, ALAC, MPEG), .mka/.mkv (AAC, ALAC, MPEG, Vorbis), .avi (AAC, MPEG), .aac, .mpc, .flac, .ape, .wv, .wav.
fmedia can encode into: .mp3, .ogg, .opus, .m4a (AAC), .flac, .wav.
fmedia 1.8 changelog:
- .aac read: Don't decode audio while seeking (almost instant seeking)
- .aac write with --stream-copy from .aac source
- GUI: Windows: "Show Favorites", "Add to Favorites", "Selection Follows Cursor" commands
- GUI: Windows: Save/restore "Random" and "Selection Follows Cursor" checked state
- GUI: Linux: New commands, save/restore window position
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware