foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
What's new in this version:
Added basic MusicBrainz tagging capability to the audio CD ripper.
CD ripper can now look up CD information automatically each time a new CD is about to be ripped.
Worked-around shell integration incompatibility with Windows 8.
Converter performance tweaks for multi-core encoding (beta 2).
Resolved incompatibility with Matroska files processed with mkvclean (beta 2).
ID3v2: “rating” tags now compatible with Windows Media Player (beta 2).
Resolved Converter incompatibility with new Opus encoder (beta 2).
Worked-around drag&drop incompatibility with Windows explorer read-only optical media (final).
Added an advanced preferences option to minimize the app on [x] close (final).
Worked-around NSIS installer incompatibility with Windows 8 address space layout randomization (final).