foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
What's new in version 1.2 Beta:
Support for streaming to arbitrary UPnP MediaRenderer devices through the new UPnP output component.
FFmpeg is now used for MP3, AAC and Vorbis decoding
Extended playback thread priority options in Advanced Preferences.
New: Converter “Quick Convert” dialog, for simplified casual conversions without advanced features.
New: Menu commands to switch between playback output devices.
New: Component installer now shows component licenses when available.
- Package license.txt or license.rtf with the component to get it shown on install.
- License not shown when autoupdating components.
Equalizer is now an open-source component, separate from the standard DSP array.
What's new in BETA 2:
- Bugs found so far in the previous beta have been fixed (crashes, bad AAC channel order).