foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface youll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
Whats new in this version:
Updated FFmpeg code to 1.1.1.
FFmpeg DLLs now use unique names to avoid collisions with certain other software.
Reverted problematic Media Library folder monitoring tweaks from 1.2.
“Downmix 5.1 to stereo” DSP now accepts more different channel masks.
FLAC decoding improvements (beta 3):
Work-around for certain broken files producing loud glitches.
SSE optimizations to counter slowdown from the above work-around.
File Integrity Verifier component now detects such files.