foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface youll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
Whats new in this version:
- Converter: fixed writing of WAV files with odd byte counts (eg. 24-bit mono).
- Improved handling of various malformed WAV files.
- Converter: fixed writing of file types that foobar2000 cannot tag.
- Fixed “verify integrity of played files” option disabling HDCD & DTS decoder components.
- Its a feature of individual decoder components; third party decoder components such as Monkeys Audio decoder must be updated separately.
- “Add Folder” now skips over hidden files & subfolders.
- AIFF file format tagging support.
- Added authenticode signatures to foobar2000 binaries.
- Added WAV & AIFF attached picture handling (beta 2).
- Added attached picture transfer option in Converter (beta 2).
- Support for touchscreen gesture scrolling on Windows 8 tablet devices (final).