foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
What's new in foobar2000 1.3:
Generic performance optimizations, mainly affecting very large playlists and libraries.
Playlist & Media Library search dialogs no longer block UI when performing lookups.
Converter: added an option to transfer ReplayGain information to the destination files.
Spurious/oversized metadata such as whole EAC logs entries are now dropped from foobar2000's cache, for better search performance and lower resource usage.
Beta 3: the feature is now customizable by editing LargeFieldsConfig.txt in foobar2000 profile folder.
Corrected gapless playback of HE-AAC files made with iTunes.
Improved smooth playlist scrolling.
- ReplayGain scanner component: support for altering loudness of MP4/AAC files.