foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.3.18 changelog:
- Fixed a bug in HTTPS reader causing incompatibility with Google websites.
- Relaxed beta version timeout, now possible to dismiss the message and launch without updating.
- Fixed a bug in CD drive configuration dialog - automatic drive offset lookup works again.
- Fixed various bugs related to audio device hotplugging.
- Fixed wrong descriptions of certain context menu commands.
- Fixed wrong handling of certain types of MP4 chapter tags.
- Improved safeguards against Media Library configuration loss if foobar2000 dies while saving its settings.
- Media Library now handles very long filenames correctly.
- Fixed inconsistent mapping of “Content Group” metadata field for: WMA, MP4/M4A, Vorbis Comments.
- Fixed Skip Silence DSP bugs.
- Made MP2 audio in MP4/Matroska container reported correctly. It was reported as MP3 in some cases before.