foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface youll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
- Fixed problems with accessing very long file names on network shares.
- Fixed incorrect display of converter tag transfer option state in the converter setup dialog.
- Improved compatibility with malformed ID3v2 tags.
- Added option to prevent hard disk sleep while playing [Advanced Preferences].
- Fixed performance issues with Matroska file reading (1.3 regression).
- Fixed Converter problems with ripping CD to single file with chapters (1.3 regression).
- Added an option to suppress startup dialog about bad last shutdown.
- RAR unpacker updates:
- Now using unrar.dll which can be updated easily in the future.
- Added support for RAR5 format.