foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 v1.4 beta changelog:
- Added preferences page to adjust priority order of installed decoders.
- Greatly improved DSP manager dialog.
- Added output mode switcher toolbar item to Default User Interface.
- Converter improvements:
- Keeping incomplete/problematic output files is now optional; they're deleted by default.
- New and improved overwrite prompt dialog.
- FDK AAC is now among the default presets (beta 2).
- ReplayGain scanner improvements:
- Greatly improved “Apply Gain to File Content” feature, with multi threading and more supported formats.
- Added command to manually manipulate Opus header gain field for both .opus and Matroska.
- New Preferences pages (beta 4).
- Playlist & Media Library search use a new text-matching algorithm similar to Unicode Asymmetric Search.
- Reworked Default User Interface Preferences pages; improved options for minimize & close behaviors.
- Cosmetic tweaks; prettier buttons attached to editboxes in various dialogs.
- Cleaned up Opus header gain manipulation, reported value no longer offseted by 5 dB, made header gain respected when embedded in Matroska container.
- Matroska support improvements, improved seeking performance on files without seektables.
- Made possible to choose between alternate audio streams in MP4 and Matroska files.
- Implemented WebM internet stream playback.
- Compiled using dynamic VC runtime, raising the limit of how many component DLLs can be loaded.
- Made Album List remember expanded nodes (beta 2).
- Raised track count limit for cue sheets from 99 to 999 (beta 2).
- Fixed a bug causing incorrect tags being read from certain multi-chapter MP4 files (beta 3).
- Integration with Windows 10 Universal Volume Control (beta 4).
- Playback controls in taskbar on Windows 7 and newer (beta 4).
- Configuration saving now uses transacted NTFS if available (beta 7).
- … but only in standard (not portable) installs by default. (changed in beta 12).
- New, different scheme of storing user's playlists in app data (beta 7):
- Playlists now reside under playlists-v1.4, you can delete the playlists-v1.3 folder if you no longer need it.
- Unchanged playlists are no longer rewritten on each app shutdown.
- Merged networking features from foobar2000 mobile (beta 7):
- FTP reader!
- FTPES/FTPS now also supported (beta 12).
- Refreshed HTTP/HTTPS reader; added the ability to read remote folder listings.
- Improved handling of various file formats over HTTP, AIFF and Musepack in particular (beta 7).
- New Default UI toolbar items for DSP presets and ReplayGain modes (beta 7).
- More robust M3U/M3U8/PLS playlist handling (beta 7):
- iTunes-created M3U8 playlists now load correctly.
- Big fat warning when trying to save a M3U/PLS file that may not be readable correctly due to international characters.
- New file format icons (beta 7, beta 9).
- Improved media library search performance (beta 9).
- Made various playlist and search result sorting operations use multiple CPU cores (beta 9).
- All communication with foobar2000 website (troubleshooter, crash reporting, update checks) is now encrypted (beta 11).
- Amended Matroska tagging, certain rare files that would fail to update before are now taggable (beta 11).
- Improved recovery from removable audio output device unplug (beta 11).
- Volume control now works if the device wasn't available during foobar2000 startup but got attached later.
- Media Library now handles very long filenames correctly (beta 11).
- Fixed a bug in CD drive configuration dialog - automatic drive offset lookup works again (beta 12).
Refreshed File Operations preset management, now stored in a plain text files instead and possible to import/export/edit (beta 14).
Relaxed beta version timeout, now possible to dismiss the message and launch without updating (beta 14).
Updated FFmpeg to version 3.4.2 (beta 14).Reverted to old 3.2.4 due to reported crashes. We'll update to a FFmpeg in for the next major update.
Cleaned up Default User Interface status bar, added a new field for count of selected tracks.
foobar2000 v1.4 beta 15 release notes:
- Recent regressions have been fixed.
- New field has been added to the Default User Interface status bar.
- Features for version 1.4 have been frozen, there will be no further 1.4 changes other than bug fixes.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware