foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 v1.4 beta 7 changelog:
Configuration saving now uses transacted NTFS if available.
New, different scheme of storing user's playlists in app data
Playlists now reside under playlists-v1.4, you can delete the playlists-v1.3 folder if you no longer need it.
Unchanged playlists are no longer rewritten on each app shutdown.
Improved handling of various file formats over HTTP, AIFF and Musepack in particular .
New Default UI toolbar items for DSP presets and ReplayGain modes
More robust M3U/M3U8/PLS playlist handling:
iTunes-created M3U8 playlists now load correctly.
Big fat warning when trying to save a M3U/PLS file that may not be readable correctly due to international characters.
New file format icons
Merged networking features from foobar2000 mobile:
Refreshed HTTP/HTTPS reader; added the ability to read remote folder listings.
Update: foobar2000 1.4 Beta 8 is out: Various beta 7 regressions have been fixed.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware