foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.4.3 changelog:
- Fixed disappearing metadata and playlist content corruption with certain internet radio playlists.
- Fixed high CPU usage with read-ahead options active.
- Converter: Fixed broken save-as dialog with | character in encoder names.
- Made foo_ui_std.dll & foo_input_std.dll report version number of the foobar2000 release that they came with, as some people seem to mix binaries from different releases then run into issues.
- Made possible to fall back to another decoder with WMA files that standard WMA decoder doesn't accept.
- Fixed disappearing & appearing 'version' file in library configuration folder.
- Updated FFmpeg to 3.4.5.
- Fixed certain AIFF files not playing (beta 2).
- Restored foobar2000 version number in HTTP user-agent string (beta 2).
- Added an option to force HTTP CONNECT with proxy servers (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing odd behaviors when the currently playing track is removed from playlist (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression causing certain combinations of shuffle and playlist operations to crash (beta 2).
- Fixed 1.4 regression with missing HTTP host field in proxy server requests (beta 3, beta 5).
- Fixed a bug causing random crashes when decoding Vorbis (possibly also MP3 and AAC) due to bad parameters fed to FFmpeg (beta 4).
- Converter: Made malformed UTF-8 in source file tags no longer cause conversion to FLAC to fail (beta 5).
- Fixed ReplayGain alter file content crash (final).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware