foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
foobar2000 1.4.6 changelog:
Made Converter never overwrite the source files.
Fixed Properties autocomplete vs multiline edit box clash.
Fixed earlier 1.4 series regression with writing of ID3v2 COMMENT fields to TXXX frames instead of COMM.
Fixed incorrect Converter output with both “don't reset DSP between tracks” and “copy other files” features in use (beta 2).
foobar2000 1.5 Beta 1 changelog:
- New and improved Properties dialog, with the ability to manipulate attached pictures as well as scan and modify ReplayGain values.
- Greatly improved Selection Properties performance for large track lists.
- Various prompts (such as delete/recycle) now come with a “do not show this again” checkbox.
- Restored pre-1.4 behavior of main-window-hidden/notification-icon-only status being remembered after foobar2000 restart.
- Added logging of Media Library scanning errors - “show errors” button in Media Library Preferences.
- Added Advanced Preferences option for flushing playback queue on manual track change (default: on).
- Made “Open containing folder” command work with tracks in archives - opens folder containing the archive.
- Added an option to preserve last-modified timestamps of tracks when updating tags.
- Additional safeguards against corrupted configuration in case of a system crash while saving (FlushFileBuffers).
- File Operations: delete/recycle prompt always says “Delete” rather than “Recycle”, since not every volume supports recycle action.
- FFmpeg 3.4.6, now compiled with MS compiler, binary size reduced due to DLL runtime.
- Implemented reading of cue+bin audio CD images.
- Implemented asynchronous drag&drop, for less stalls when dragging tracks from foobar2000 to another program.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware