Samsung has finally announced a July launch for its latest mid-tier device, the Galaxy A80. We first discussed the phone back in April after it was unveiled by the Korean firm. Initially, it was believed to be going on sale in late May but that wasn't the case, instead, it will go on sale later this month.
The specifications for the device are:
- Display: 6.7” FHD+ (1080x2400) Super AMOLED, New Infinity Display.
- Camera: Main: 48MP, F2.0; Ultra Wide: 8MP F2.2 (123°); 3D Depth. The camera rotates.
- Body: 165.2 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm.
- AP: Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM, 128 GB Internal Storage.
- Micro SD: Not supported.
- Battery: 3.700mAh (typical), 25W Super Fast Charging.
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie).
- Biometric Authentications: On-Screen Fingerprint.
- Color: Phantom Black, Angel Gold, Ghost White.
- Design: 3D Glass + Metal Frame.
Commenting on the mid-range Galaxy A80, DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division at Samsung Electronics, said:
“Galaxy A80 is created for the Era of Live – a world where digital natives are capturing, sharing and connecting in the moment. The latest innovations in the camera, design and performance of Galaxy A80 bring a new mobile experience that fits the needs of today’s generation: always on and always ready.”
In its global announcement, Samsung didn’t provide a price or release date for the phone, however, a quick check on the German blog reveals the price to be €649 ($736) in EU markets. As for a release date, Amazon’s pre-order page says the item will be released on July 19. It's not clear which markets the phone will enter but some EU countries like Germany will definitely be receiving it.