Facebook has revealed through their developer site, the list of various games that made it big in 2013 on the social network.
According to Facebook, the games were chosen based on user ratings, Facebook implementation, growth, and overall quality. In addition to this, a staff favourites category has been included to highlight some good games that were popular in the Facebook offices.
"Game of the Year 2013" was awarded to Criminal Case which is a mystery solving game utilizing Facebooks Open Graph API.
Best new games of 2013 are:
- Bake Shop Drop by Broken Bulb Studios [Match-3 game]
- Farm Heroes Saga by King [Match-3 game]
- Heart of Vegas by Product Madness/Aristocrat [Slots game]
- Hit It Rich Casino Slots by Zynga [Slots game]
- Jelly Splash by Wooga [Match-3 game]
- Kitchen Scramble by Disney Interactive [Strategy/time management game]
- Monster Legends by Social Point [Monster battles game]
- The Smurfs & Co.: Spellbound by Ubisoft [Strategy/village building game]
- Soldiers Inc. by Plarium [RTS game]
- Solitaire Tales by Qublix [Cards game]
- Thunder Run War of Clans by SpinPunch Games [RTS game]
- Vikings Gone Wild by EveryDayiPlay [RTS game]
Staff favourites for 2013 include:
- DoubleU Casino by AFewGoodSoft [Cards game]
- Game of Thrones Ascent by Disruptor Beam [RPG/simulation game]
- Kings Bounty: Legions by Nival [Turn-based strategy game]
- Panda Jam by SGN [Matching game]
- Wartune by 7Road/Proficient City [MMORPG]
- War Commander by Kixeye [RTS game]
Games in the Hall of Fame i.e games that came before 2013 but got popular in the year are as follows:
- Candy Crush Saga by King [Match-3 game]
- DoubleDown Casino by DoubleDown Interactive/IGT [Cards game]
- FarmVille 2 by Zynga [Farm simulation game]
- Slotomania by Playtika/Caesar’s Interactive [Slots game]
Facebook started the trend of showing the users year in review since 2012. Now this year the list of games across the site has been introduced and users who havent already tried out these games can make use of the list to find a time killer of their choice.
Source: Facebook Developers Blog | Image via Facebook