Welcome to episode 6 of the Neowin Podcast, the show where Rich Woods and João Carrasqueira talk about all the big news from the past week.
In the second week of June, we got an outpour of gaming news courtesy of E3 2019, the world's largest gaming-related event. With it, came the first official details of Microsoft's new Xbox console, codenamed Project Scarlett, a new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, and Xbox Game Pass for PC. Outside of gaming, we had the unexpected Pixel 4 teaser coming straight from Google, and of course, the usual Windows 10 build.
Before we get into the episode, here's everything that's discussed this week, along with the timestamps for each topic:
- 1:11 - E3 2019
- 1:14 - Microsoft's Project Scarlett arrives in the 2020 holiday season alongside Halo
- 13:02 - Microsoft delivers last batch of Backward Compatibility games for the Xbox One
- 16:27 - Microsoft launches Game Pass for PC, part of Game Pass Ultimate
- 20:52 - Xbox Game Pass is unlikely to come to the Nintendo Switch anytime soon
- 24:52 - Microsoft xCloud
- 36:07 - Microsoft announces the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, costs $179.99
- 46:02 - Google reveals the Pixel 4 on Twitter
- 49:56 - Apple's iCloud for Windows is now available in the Microsoft Store
- 55:16 - Windows 10 build 18917 brings WSL2 to Insiders, and begins splitting the Shell from the OS
- 1:00:08 - Our favorite announcements from E3 2019 - João wants The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, and Rich is excited for Halo: Infinite.
The SoundCloud version of this episode is embedded below, but you can also find it on YouTube if you prefer that. And if you'd rather listen via a dedicated podcast app on your phone, you can subscribe to series by using the RSS feed below:
This will let you get new episodes automatically as they're released. Without further ado, here's the episode:
Let us know what you think of this episode in the comments, and stay tuned next week for a new one with more exciting news!