So Team Fortress 2 is now a free-to-play games with a microtransaction business model. Kind of makes paying for a $60 game seem a bit silly doesn't it?
- Rockstar Games has announced that it will release a PC version of its hit crime action game LA Noire later this fall.
- As promised earlier this month, Bohemia Interactive has released the multiplayer portion of its military shooter Arma II for free (imagine that).
- In related news, Bohemia Interactive's first game, Operation Flashpoint, will be re-released by the developer under the new name ArmA Cold War Crisis.
- A PC playable demo of the first person shooter Homefront from THQ has finally been released via Steam.
- Players of the zombie-themed shooter Killing Floor will get a new and free map next week as part of the game's Summer Sideshow event.
- People who pre-order The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim will get a real map of the fantasy RPG's game world.
- A CryEngine 3 based gold simulation? Actually, that's exactly what you will get with the upcoming Tour Gold Online.
- Telltale Games has released the fifth and final episode of its Back to the Future game series, feature a voice appearance from actor Michael J. Fox.
- Several IGN and UGO staff members have been laid off today due to the recent merger of the two gaming web news sites.
- The PC versions of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII were apparently uploaded to Steam but it seems the game's actual release is in question.