Master the fundamentals of malware analysis for the Windows platform and enhance your anti-malware skill set. Claim your complimentary copy of "Windows Malware Analysis Essentials" eBook (valued at $30) for free.
What's it about?
This book will guide you on how to use essential tools such as debuggers, disassemblers, and sandboxes to dissect malware samples. It will expose your innards and then build a report of their indicators of compromise along with detection rule sets that will enable you to help contain the outbreak when faced with such a situation.
What you will learn:
- Use the positional number system for clear conception of Boolean algebra, that applies to malware research purposes.
- Get introduced to static and dynamic analysis methodologies and build your own malware lab
- Analyse destructive malware samples from the real world (ITW) from fingerprinting and static/dynamic analysis to the final debrief
- Understand different modes of linking and how to compile your own libraries from assembly code and integrate the codein your final program
- Get to know about the various emulators, debuggers and their features, and sandboxes and set them up effectively depending on the required scenario
- Deal with other malware vectors such as pdf and MS-Office based malware as well as scripts and shellcode
This offer expires on Jan 18th. Offered by Packt Publishing, view their other free resources.
How to get it
Please ensure you read the terms and conditions to download the "Windows Malware Analysis Essentials" eBook. Complete and verifiable information is required in order to receive this free offer. If you have previously made use of these free offers, you will not need to re-register.
Not for you?
That's OK, there are other free eBooks on offer you can check out here, but be aware that these are all time limited offers. If you are uncomfortable sharing your details with a third-party sponsor, we understand.
How can I disable these posts? Click here.