GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It has many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, an expert quality photo retouching program, an online batch processing system, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter, etc. GIMP is expandable and extensible. It is designed to be augmented with plug-ins and extensions to do just about anything. The advanced scripting interface allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted.
Features and Capabilities:
- Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
- Supports custom brushes and patterns
- Tile based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
- Virtuallya unlimited number of images open at one time
- Full alpha channel support
- Layers and channels
- Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace)
- Editable text layers
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy and intelligent
- Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections.
- Transformable paths, transformable selections.
- Quickmask to paint a selection and more...
- avoid filename encoding problems in the WMF import plug-in (bug #499329)
- fixed horizontal flipping of linked layers (bug #499161)
- raised the priority of the display idle renderer to improve performance
- on Win32 (bug #499150)
- fixed a missing update in the Lighting plug-in UI (bug #500317)
- fixed a potential crash in the projection code (bug #500178)
- fixed a minor Makefile issue (bug #500826)
- removed some pointless warnings from the JPEG and TIFF load plug-ins
- fixed size calculation for the image size warning dialog (bug #329468)
- fixed loading of tool options for the rectangle tools (bug #498948)
- push/pop a context in the Fog filter
- fixed potential crashes in the Python binding
- corrected grid drawing with non-integer spacing (bug #502374)
- fixed grid snapping for coordinates less than the grid offset
- made the healing brush work properly when dragged (bug #492575)
- update tool state when a device change happens (bug #493176)
- improved validation of strings sent over the wire (bug #498207)
- fixed integer check in Script-Fu (bug #498207)
- fixed potential out-of-memory problem in Script-Fu
- fixed compilation on msys/mingw (bug #503124)
- fixed localisation of Python plug-ins on Win32 (bug #502506)
- translation updates (ca, cs, de, gl, it, ko, lt, sv, uk)
Screenshot: >> Click here <<
Link: Home Page