GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
GnuCash 3.1 changelog:
- Bug 118391 - Long currency names untranslated.
- Bug 769686 - Notes not imported when using update and reconcile in import transactions from CSV.
- Bug 772776 - VERY large queries (over 11000 fields in IN clause) slow down GnuCash.
- Bug 782144 - git-master - Save Corrupts Data File / Not Open Data File.
- Bug 792105 - Startup takes several minutes.
- Bug 793461 - Transaction matcher window blank when importing QFX.
- Bug 794767 - Dates default to 01/01/1970.
- Bug 794916 - Fails to find environment file at startup when installation prefix is '/opt'.
- Bug 794936 - 3.0 does not open previously saved sqlite3 files properly - corrupted business data.
- Bug 794941 - Both print icons export to pdf.
- Bug 794953 - Ellipsize on short tab labels.
- Correct error on when to ellipsize tab labels. Also as this is used in two places separate out this to new function so it is not duplicated.
- Bug 794990 - Double click does not work on saved reports.
- When you double click on the saved report description nothing happens. This was down to a conflict on a couple of call backs and one of them was incorrectly setup.
- Bug 794994 - Display Alphavantage key in full.
- Set the entry to expand so all the space is used to display.
- Bug 795031 - 3.0 Crashes on loading when opening 2.6.19 file.
- Bug 795039 - Crash on startup using Technicolor Style sheet in report.
- Bug 795040 - GnuCash crashes when searching for a newly created bill.
- Bug 795049 - GnuCash 2.6.20-1 (Fedora Linux package) is unable to open MariaDB.
- Bug 795064 - Enable subtotal-only if either sortkeys are dates.
- This will allow 'show subtotals only' if sortkeys are date-types. This allows, for example, prime-sortkey=date, yearly. sec-sortkey=date, monthly.
- Bug 795068 - src/optional/python-bindings missing several files.
- Bug 795080 - Some dates reset to 01/01/1970. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware