GnuCash is a personal and small business finance application, freely licensed under the GNU GPL and available for GNU/Linux, BSD, Solaris, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows. It’s designed to be easy to use, yet powerful and flexible. GnuCash allows you to track your income and expenses, reconcile bank accounts, monitor stock portfolios and manage your small business finances. It is based on professional accounting principles to ensure balanced books and accurate reports.
GnuCash can keep track of your personal finances in as much detail as you prefer. If you are just starting out, use GnuCash to keep track of your checkbook. You may then decide to track cash as well as credit card purchases to better determine where your money is being spent. When you start investing, you can use GnuCash to help monitor your portfolio. Buying a vehicle or a home? GnuCash will help you plan the investment and track loan payments. If your financial records span the globe, GnuCash provides all the multiple-currency support you need.
GnuCash 3.9 fixes:
- Bug 685102 - Scheduled Transactions don't always respect weekends for first occurrence
- Bug 794916 - Fails to find environment file at startup when installation prefix is '/opt'
- Bug 796579 - Cannot go forward with empty duplicates screen
- Bug 796911 - Minimum window width to large.To fix this the text labels used have been enabled to ellipsize at the end
- Bug 796984 - Import Bills & Invoices: date of line item is not validated; can lead to unexpected results
- Bug 796985 - Import Bills & Invoices: option 'open not yet posted docs in tab' does not open tab if invoice could not be posted
- Bug 796986 - Import Bills & Invoices: in case of invalid posting date in import file, invoice is posted with unexpected date
- Bug 796987 - Import Bills & Invoices: fixing import items only works in special case
- Bug 797022 - Import Bills & Invoices: expense/income account is not validated - leads to one-sided posting if account is invalid
- Bug 797023 - Import Bills & Invoices: no user confirmation requested for update of invoices, if new invoice is created first
- Bug 797024 - Import Bills & Invoices: import matches csv data rows with too few separators, messing up the import data [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware