GOM Audio was designed to be the audio playback answer to the popular GOM Media Player video playback software. Because GOM Audio is based on GOM Media Player, many of the same features (like A-B Repeat and Playback Speed controls) and shortcuts are included! It doesn’t take much to run GOM Audio, so you won’t need to close other programs or micro-manage your resource usage in order to play your music smoothly. You can also use GOM Audio’s Mini Player mode to lock playback controls to the taskbar for easy access and reduced clutter on your screen. Several popular internet radio stations come pre-loaded for convenient listening, and just like GOM Media Player, GOM Audio can open and play streams of live broadcasts from all over the world that are hosted online. Automatically shutdown, restart, or put your computer to sleep when your playlists reach the end. Fall asleep while listening to music without worrying about your PC being on all night! GOM Audio’s default skin has 3 different display modes to choose From, and you can change your skin entirely by choosing a new one from the preferences window.
What's new in this version:
- Improved the security of the installer program (GOMAUDIOGLOBALSETUP.EXE).
- Added a feature that checks the integrity of the installer when it is launched, and the installer will only be run if it is determined to be legitimate.
- Improved playback for MP3 files
- Will now correctly play MP3 files that are shorter than 1 second in length
- Corrected an issue where certain MP3 files with very long playback times would not be played smoothly
- Altered behavior for unsupported file types
- Previously it was possible to add certain MP4 and other unsupported video file types to GOM Audio. These files can no longer be added to GOM Audio.
- Other miscellaneous corrections, fixes, and improvements