It looks like Google is going to be sprucing up the look and feel of Gmail when viewing it through a browser. A newly leaked email that was sent to G Suite administrators discusses plans to launch a new design and roll out new features in the near future.
According to the email, Google states that the new design will offer:
- A fresh, clean look for Gmail on the web
- Easy access to G Suite apps, such as Google Calender from within Gmail
- Smart Reply on the web, just like on mobile
- Ability to "snooze" emails and choose when they reappear in your inbox
- Offline support (coming shortly after the EAP announcement)
While you can get a general idea of what is to come from the email, it doesn't give you a sense of what it will look like. It will be interesting to see how much of the look changes when this new update is put into place. Those that are afraid of change, fear not, as this is not going mainstream quite yet and will instead be in beta through Google's Early Adopter Program (EAP).
Source: The Verge