Create engaging, interactive HTML5-based designs and motion graphics that can run on any device
When you create advertising creatives with Google Web Designer, you can use a library of components that lets you add image galleries, videos, ad network tools, and more.
New features in version 7.0.0.0923:
Code view improvements
- Text files, published Google Web Designer files, and HTML files that were created outside of Google Web Designer can now be opened and edited in Code view.
- You can open image files in Google Web Designer, as well as edit SVG files in Code view.
- A minimap overlay highlights the visible portion of text in Code view.
- The Files panel now includes a refresh button to let you load changes to the list of project files.
- Image thumbnails display when hovering over image files in the Files panel.
- New keyboard shortcuts have been added:
- Shift+Tab: Decreases the indentation of the current line or selected text.
- Ctrl+G (Windows) or ⌘+G (Mac): If the search panel is open, finds the next match.
- Shift+Ctrl+G (Windows) or Shift+⌘+G (Mac): If the search panel is open, finds the previous match.
- A new "restrict to selection" option in the search panel limits searches and replacements to the selected text.
- Additional preferences let you configure HTML formatting options. Learn more.
- Select your programming language in the Code view footer for the appropriate syntax coloring and code hints.
- Toggle elements as guide layers to keep them from showing up in the browser preview or published files.
- Guide layers act like regular elements while you're working on your document, making them useful for comments, blueprints, or prototypes.
- You can convert guide layers back to regular elements.
- Hide part of an element by using a mask.
- Clip path masks only show the part of the host element that fits inside a geometric shape.
- Image masks use the transparent regions of an image to determine what parts of the host element to hide.
- Gradient masks apply a gradient to fade out the host element.
Particle Effects component
- Add animation effects based on particle systems, including snow, rain, fire, steam, and smoke.
- Start with preset configurations, then customize the particles' appearance and behavior to make your own effects.
- You can add multiple effects to the same image or set of images.
Transition Gallery component
- Use this new gallery to display a series of images with transition animation between each image.
- Select from a range of transition types: Fade, Push, Wipe, Slice, Blinds, Rotate, and Zigzag.
Other notable changes
- The Ad Validator no longer displays warnings about the 500K size limit for Display & Video 360 ads.
- A keyboard shortcut for publishing has been added: Ctrl+Shift+P (Windows) or ⌘+Shift+P (Mac).
- Animation in media rules now works in Internet Explorer 11.
- The publishing path is now saved as a relative path to the author file so that Google Web Designer files can be moved to other computers without updating the publish location.
- Publishing is now blocked if there are missing assets.
Fixes and improvements in version 7.0.0.0923:
- Fixed issue with custom color swatches not refreshing when switching between documents in Code view.
- Zoom percentage is now remembered for code files.
Components & runtime
- Date Swap component properties are now localized.
- Tooltips for labels and values are now localized for UI components.
- The page events "Page activated" and "Page deactivated" are now translated.
- The Video component events "Play after pause" and "Seeked" are now translated.
- Fixed issue with events not displaying in the Events panel when the column width was set to be less than the minimum.
- Fixed refresh issue in the Events panel when removing element IDs.
- Fixed issue where group event wasn't editable after exiting the group editing mode.
- Renamed hotspots and cue points are now updated for existing events.
- Fixed issue with resizing hotspots using the control handles on the hotspot's right edge.
- Video timeline now scrolls to the hotspot track for the selected hotspot.
- Fixed issue where undo didn't work after moving a hotspot with the mouse.
- Fixed issue with "Type cue point id" label overlapping with the field in some languages.
- Newly created hotspots now have better default dimensions.
- Deleting hotspots or cue points now also deletes their events.
- Fixed issue where video could turn invisible when resizing the video timeline.
- Fixed issue with incorrect use count for a group nested inside another group.
- [Library] Selected assets are now highlighted across the panel width.
- Fixed issue with asset count showing 0 when an element with a CSS asset reference is pasted across documents. [full release notes]
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware