Gravit Designer is a cross-platform, free design tool for the 21st century empowering everyone to design. It’s available on Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS and comes with web and desktop apps.
Gravit offers unique design and interaction possibilities to design everything from logos to illustration and interactive prototypes for web, mobile and more.
Powerful yet easy-to-handle, Gravit has been custom designed from the ground up with an emphasis on versatility, fluidity and elegance – complex design tasks are made simple through its robust suite of tools and highly responsive smart work environment. Express yourself in a new way with Gravit – the new must-have tool for today’s pioneering design professionals!
Gravit’s advanced style-sharing features make it possible to share design assets between multiple documents, unifying your designs and saving you time. And creating those assets has never been easier - from common tasks like color palette selection to more advanced techniques like applying multiple-layered visual effects, our custom-designed styling system allows you to create complex and elegant designs with ease. A potent combination of simplicity and power – at every step.
Gravit is a tailor-made blend of powerful functionality and ease of use, custom-built to help you maximise your creative potential. Features like robust typography tools, paste-inside support, and a versatile context-sensitive user interface have all been laid out with efficiency in mind. A streamlined work space means a fluid workflow and a greater focus on what really matters – your creativity.
Gravit Designer 3.4.5 changelog:
- Gravit Designer now checks for updates regularly to make sure that you are always running the latest version. To check for a new version manually, go to Help → Check for updates.
- The border position of open paths is now limited to Center to prevent incorrect line endings.
- Exported PDFs now show the correct meta data for Author (when logged in), Title (the current file name), and Created with(Gravit Designer).
- Moved all Show options from the View menu in the menu bar to the Canvas submenu for more clarity.
- The Keep ratio setting in the Inspector is now remembered after closing Gravit Designer.
- The context menu is now shown correctly for the Pen, Bezigon, and Knife tools when making a right-click in the Layers panel.
- Optimized designer.io to work better on mobile devices.
- Selecting a layer in the Layers panel and moving it with the arrow keys now updates its position immediately.
- Text layers with inner shadows are properly exported now.
- Borders with different position settings (Inside and Center) are now properly exported, also in clipped shapes.
- Fixed a problem with text layers clipped to elements with borders.
Other bug fixes:
- Effects that extend the natural properties of elements, like shadows or blurs, are now considered properly when exporting.
- The Back to top link in the Libraries now works properly and doesn’t close the search results or selected categories anymore.
- Fixed that the Equal Margins setting for pages in the Inspector can’t be switched off.
- Fixed a problem with text layers, that caused rendering problems when zoomed in or out.
- Selecting elements doesn’t produce lags anymore.
- Fixed various issues in offline mode.
- Dragging layers in Layers panel now shows a correct preview again.
- Solved a problem that images were invisible on the canvas under certain circumstances.
- The Color Adjust effect works properly again in the latest version of Chrome.
- Elements with CMYK colors don’t cause problems with PDF export anymore.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware