Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel 5.40.5b release notes:
- added support of Kingston Enterprise SSDs: DC500R and DC500M
- added support of Lenovo 530-8I RAID adapter: detect complete status of SATA/SAS hard disks configured as RAID
- added support of Minerva RAID R2056A adapter (M.2 B+M notch to SATA 7pin x2 RAID Card)
- added support of ICY DOCK MB662U3-2S R1 RAID external enclosure: detect status information about RAID disk members (THANKS so much for Tim Schuerewegen for his excellent work)
- added option to start Disk menu -> Short self test, extended self test on disks managed by JMicron external RAID enclosures
- added option to use Disk menu -> Advanced power management, Acoustic Management on disks managed by JMicron external RAID enclosures
- improved ASM1092R RAID controller chip support
- improved power on time display for SAS hard disk HGST H7280A520SUN8.0T
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware