Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 5.40.6 Beta release notes:
- added support of ThinkSystem 930-8I 2GB Flash PCIe 12Gb Adapter: detect complete status of SATA/SAS hard disks configured as RAID
- fixed health display for WD BLUE SSDs
- added support for ATP industrial SD cards: detect status information, health and statistics,
- added support for Kingston SDCIT industrial SD cards: detect status information, health and statistics (THANKS so much for Tim Schuerewegen for his excellent work)
- improved display of lifetime writes on various Samsung SATA SSDs
- improved power on time display for various SCSI/SAS hard disk drives
- improved support of KingSpec SATA SSDs
- improved detection of SATA disk drives on LSI (non-RAID) HBA controllers
overheat tray notification shows affected disk drive first
- display message box with the result of e-mail test when all notifications disabled
- new Russian language support, THANKS for Dmitry Yerokhin for the translation
- new Spanish language support, THANKS for Carlos Rodríguez for the translation
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware