Hard Disk Sentinel (HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks, solid state disks and hybrid drives (SSHD) today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
Hard Disk Sentinel Pro 5.40.8 Beta release notes:
- added detection of eMMC storage devices used in tablets: detect and display eMMC specific information and self-monitoring status. Display eMMC health (if supported by the eMMC device) (THANKS so much for Tim Schuerewegen for his excellent work)
- improved support of different Kingston, KingDian SSDs
- improved write-type disk testing with Transcend RDF5 memory card reader
- improved ATP industrial (micro) SD card detection
- improved NVMe status detection under Windows 7 when Intel chipset driver 15.7 used for the NVMe SSD
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware