The update to Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones, build 10051, is finally out and while it brings a host of new features (and issues) - as can be expected from a pre-release build - Microsoft has fixed several issues which were present in the previous build as well:
- We’ve updated the keyboard layout based on your feedback. The keyboard layout now has period, comma and emoji keys on first page of keyboard. Language switching is enabled by press-and-hold on the &123 key. There is also an option to replace the emoji key with the language switching key.
- We’ve fixed the Cortana icon resolution so it now scales with tile size.
- We’ve fixed the issue where the Photos app would fail to launch periodically when attempting to add a photo attachment to an email, OneNote or Facebook item.
- We’ve fixed the issue where the Microsoft Band wouldn’t sync with your phone after upgrading to Windows 10.
- The Photos app’s tile will now pick up the phone’s theme color before it’s launched and then start showing pictures from your collection including OneDrive in the Live tile.
As can be seen from the log above, Microsoft has fixed some problems which were bothering Windows Phone users, especially the comma key being on the second page of the keyboard. However, the other changes brought to the keyboard might annoy some users who had grown accustomed to the previous one.
More importantly, Microsoft has apparently not fixed several issues present in the previous build, such as existing alarms not being migrated after the update and cellular data not working even when data roaming is enabled, as these bugs are not mentioned as being "fixed" in the latest blog post. It appears that users will still have to refer to workarounds mentioned in Microsoft's previous blog post.
There were several other bugs in the previous build which had no workarounds, such as apps not being displayed in Battery Saver mode and VPN settings failing to launch. The absence of resolutions for these issues may annoy some users, but Microsoft is no doubt striving to eliminate such problems in future builds. .
Are there any other issues that have been fixed or you would like to see fixed in the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones? Let us know in the comments section below.