After long being rumored, HTC announced its U11 handset in May. Although HTC won't provide any numbers for how many it has sold, the firm has stated that the new handset is outselling its predecessors. Now, the firm is offering a new color for the United States: Solar Red.
While the Solar Red variant was announced at its reveal event, it has yet to make its way to the US. Starting tomorrow, the color will be available for pre-order and will join the already-available colors like Amazing Silver, Sapphire Blue, Brilliant Black.
For those unfamiliar, the U11 offers top-tier specifications like:
- 5.5-inch Super LCD 5 with Quad HD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB / 6GB RAM (depends on carrier and region)
- 64GB / 128GB storage (depends on carrier and region) with microSD expansion up to 2TB
- 12MP rear camera and 16MP front-facing camera
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.2 , USB 3.1 Type-C
- Fingerprint sensor
- IP67 dust- and water-resistant
- 3000mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0
If you're thinking of buying one, you can get it unlocked from HTC, or head to your local Sprint in the US. The handset will be priced at $649. Pre-orders for the Solar Red version will open at 12am ET.
Source: HTC (Twitter)