Huawei is rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat and EMUI 5.0 to the Honor 6X

Huawei is continuing its rollout of Android 7.0 Nougat and EMUI 5.0 to more devices today, as the update is now being pushed to the Honor 6X. While the device itself was announced back in October, Android 7.0 was released last August, making it almost nine months old.

While Nougat adds reworked notifications, split-screen notifications, and more, EMUI 5.0 adds its own layer of new features. Here are the 'key updates':

  • Simpler user interface: a brand new user interface design with a blue and white color scheme inspired by the Aegean Sea; a simplified interface system with an easy three-step-operation for over 90% of the time

  • Stronger functionality: smoother system run enables quicker browsing from massive pictures to web pages and search queries

  • A more secure system: strengthened security over user privacy, mobile payment and communication, and APP usage

As the release notes say, EMUI has been refreshed with a 'Pure Blue UI'. But there are a number of other changes, such as a more interactive design in the app drawer and a back button on the lock screen.

And along with a number of design changes, Huawei says that it's faster, safer, and easier to use.

According to Google's usage breakdown that was released yesterday, Android 7.0 Nougat is now installed on 6.6% of Google Play devices. The latest version, 7.1, is on 0.5%, for a total of 7.1% of Android devices running Nougat.

Report a problem with article
1493862964_x30-marquee-hero
Next Article

Toshiba releases Portégé X30, a new Windows 10 enterprise laptop with many security features

1477745935_qualcomm-logo
Previous Article

Qualcomm is set to announce the Snapdragon 660 next week

4 Comments - Add comment

Advertisement