Infra Recorder is a free open source CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows. It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.
- Create custom data, music and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical compact discs or disc images.
- Create and record disc images.
- Create direct disc copies, on the fly or by using a temporary disc image.
- Erase (blank) rewritable discs using four different methods.
- Import session data from multi-session discs and append more sessions to that kind of discs.
- Fixate discs (write lead-out information to prevent further data from beeing added to the disc).
- Scan the SCSI/IDE bus for devices and collect detailed information about their capabilities.
- Display detailed disc information.
- Read and save audio and data tracks to files (wav. and .iso)
- Scan selected tracks for errors.
- Modern customizable Windows Explorer like interface.
- Drag and drop files from the explorer view of the program and Windows Explorer to the project view.
- Uses different poject view layouts for different type of projects to make the users work easier.
- Features a separate express application designed to guide the user to the most essential tools as quick and easy as possible.
- Fully translatable interfaces for the main application, express application and the shell extension.
- Integrates with explorer and adds new shell context menu options.
- Record saved projects and disc images.
- Open and edit saved projects.
- Highly customizable, can be displayed in a submenu and with or without menu icons.
- The shell extension can be registered with any file extension that the user wants.
Infra Recorder 0.41 Changes:
* Fixed a bug causing the space meter to display inaccurate file sizes on audio files in mixed-mode projects.
* Due to limitations in the Microsoft Windows 9x Unicode Layer, a non-unicode version of Infra Recorder is released separateley.
* Added support for disabling the error message that occurs when a codec fails to load.
* Added support for generating DVD-Video compliant filesystems.
* Added support for UDF.
* Added support for creating bootable data discs.
* Fixed a major bug preventing some projects from beeing properly loaded.
* Included a Bosnian translation, thanks to Asim Husanovic!
* Added an option to change the detected write speed of a recorder.
* Changed the recorder speed management to now allow a larger number of write speeds below the maximum speed.
* Added write method information to the advanced device details.
* Fixed a bug causing a wrong character set to be detected on systems using code page 1251.
* Fixed a bug causing bogus unix file permissions to be set when recording custom projects using the Joliet name extension.
* Improved the project space meter.
* Added support for recording custom projects on the fly.
* Fixed a bug causing a temporary file not to be removed when copying a disc.
* Added support for disabling the unsupported character set error message.
* Fixed a bug causing the space meter tooltip to display the size information in bytes instead of minutes when dealing with audio projects.
* Included a Slovene translation, thanks to Frani Žižek!
* Included a Ukrainian translation and manual, thanks to Serhij Dubyk!
* The advanced device properties list now correctly displays titletip when a feature description is to long to be fully displayed.
* Fixed a bug causing empty directories to be ignored when creating and recording custom projects.
* Fixed a bug causing files that has equal characters in the file name to raise an error when creating a disc image.
* Included a Portuguese (Brazilian) translation, thanks to Ã‰der Silva!
* Included a Chinese (Simplified) translation, thanks to DouDeHou!
* Added more read options (ignore read errors, read sub-channel data and TOC, read speed).
* Added support for disc cloning.
* Added support for changing the FIFO buffer size.
* Added support for ISO level 4 which among many thigs allows directory nesting to be deeper than eight levels.
Note: The Infra Recorder installation package does not include the plug-in needed to encode MP3-files due to patent license restrictions. This does not affect all countries. Visit this page to download the sources or binaries.