While it seems like every day could bring with it the death of yet another app on the Windows 10 Mobile platform, users of the imperiled mobile ecosystem can at least breathe a sigh of relief today, and update the Instagram app, which, according to the all things Microsoft (and Lumia) watching site Aggiornamenti Lumia (Italian), has received an update after quite some time for Windows devices.
They managed to score a changelog, and (translated from Italian) we've included it below:
- It's now possible to use effects in Stories
- Removed icon updates top right
- Added Stories title to the top on the left
- Added the "View All" function to view all available stories from friends
- By displaying the stories, you will no longer find the "Send a message" item, but directly a new box "Write a message"
- It is now possible to respond to stories with photos
- Introduced a new + icon to upload images and videos to the social network (between the Search feature and the Notifications section)
- The settings icon has now been moved next to the "Edit Profile" box
- By joining Settings> Accounts we find the new entry "Photos where you are"
- It is now possible to view the insights data of each post (thanks Midea for reporting!)
- It's now possible to archive posts to make them invisible to those who follow us (thanks to Yepp for reporting!)
- A new clock icon is available to access archived posts
- Corrections and general improvements
The site also notes that there's no official Instagram changelog yet, but you'll get version 10.1096.22724 on PCs and Windows 10 tablets, and version 10.1096.22713 for Windows 10 Mobile. The update should be available to download now via the Windows Store.
But if for some reason the update is not available in your region and you can't wait, you can also grab the sideloadable app from the source website below, and by clicking on the MEGA link.
Source: Aggiornamenti Lumia (Italian)