IrfanView is a fast and simple freeware image viewer, editor and converter that supports all major graphic formats, including AIF, ANI/CUR, ASF, AU/SND/AIF, AVI, B3D, BMP/DIB, CAM, CLP, CRW, DAT (VideoCD), DCR, DDS, DXF, Dicom/ACR, DJVU, ECW, EMF/WMF, EPS, FLI/FLC, FPX, FSH, G3, GIF, ICO/ICL/EXE/DLL, IFF/LBM, IMG/GEM, JPG2000, JPG/JPEG, JPM, KDC, LDF, LWF, MED, MID/MIDI/RMI, MNG/JNG, MOV, MP3, MPG/MPEG, MrSID, MRW, NEF, LM/NOL/NGG, OGG, ORF, PBM/PGM/PPM, PCX/DCX, PhotoCD, Mac PICT, PNG, PSD, PSP, QTIF, RAS/SUN, RAW, RAF, RA, RLE, SFF, SFW, SGI/RGB, SWF, TGA, TIF, TTF, TXT, WAD, WAV, WBMP, WBZ/WBC, WMA, WMV, XBM and XPM. In addition it features drag and drop support, directory viewing, TWAIN (Technology Without An Interesting Name) scan support, slide shows, batch conversion, multi language support, thumbnail option, preview option, print option, IPTC edit, capturing, extract icons from EXE/DLL/ICLs, lossless JPG (Joint Photographic Expert Group) rotation, EXE/SCR creating, many hotkeys, many command line options and modifications such as changing color depth, crop, blur and sharpen.
Whats new in IrfanView version 4.38:
- New Options menu/feature: Export image tiles (split image)
- New Options menu: Hotfolder (Watch folder and show new images)
- New view modes in Thumbnails window: Tiles, Details and List mode
- New feature: (new) "IrfanView Shell Extension" available on PlugIns website (= adds Context menu with some IrfanView operations to Windows Explorer) Thanks to Michael Dunn!
- New options in the "Adobe 8BF filters" dialog (Thanks to Frank/jazzman)
- Improved speed in the LCMS (Color Management) PlugIn
- Added support for old formats like: Amiga, Atari, C64, ZX Spectrum etc. Thanks to Piotr Fusik! (RECOIL support in Formats PlugIn)
- New Print dialog features: Borderless print, Negative positions, better preview
- New command line option: /makecopy, a flag for /convert
- => if destination file exists, save new file as copy: (1), (2), (3) etc.
- Option to add max. 10 external editors (for advanced users): Properties->Misc
- Option to Drag&Drop current file to other programs: SHIFT + left mouse + drag
- New Print dialog option: Always use default printer at dialog start
- New hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + N = Negative image (all channels)
- Better support for high resolution screens (high DPI)
- Several PlugIns are changed/updated, please install the newest versions