This spring, Neowin has several news poster positions available. If you have a passion for writing informative and inspiring news articles, Neowin might be the right place for you.
What are our expectations?
- Be active: We require no less than 4 articles a week, but the more the better. We pay our writers per original article depending on the comments/hits. This won't replace your full time job, but is an easy way to earn extra cash for an MP3 player or copy of Windows 7.
- We expect all articles to be originally written, we have strict guidelines for approvals. You must be proficient in English and grammar. We understand no one is perfect, but we do have high standards in order for a post to be approved on the main page.
- You need to be able to bite your tongue when negative criticism occurs. It happens from time to time, but remember you represent Neowin on and off this site.
- Although not mandatory, living near a convention/tech hotspot such as LA, Seattle, New York, or Tokyo would be a plus.
We do not assign people to different areas unlike other established news sources. Our writers will write from a variety of different categories.
Here's a general idea of what we cover here at Neowin:
- Mobile Devices
- Editorials & Reviews
- And anything else that's related to technology
If you feel you have what it takes to be a news reporter here at Neowin please send an application with the following:
- Your forum name (if applicable)
- Your full name
- Your location
- Your previous blog you have wrote for, paid or unpaid (If applicable)
- A sample of your writing, preferably an article with at least 220 words
All applications should be sent to editors AT neowin.net. Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we may not be able to reply to you instantly. Please give us at least a week to reply to you.
Thanks and Good luck!