jv16 PowerTools is a PC System Utilities Software that works by cleaning out unneeded files and data, cleaning the Windows registry, automatically fixing system errors and applying optimization to your system.
The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool allows you to run the History Cleaner and File Cleaner simultaneously, displaying their results in a single results window. Other tools such as the Startup Optimizer, Registry Compactor and Windows AntiSpy can be activated at once while using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool, depending on your preferences.
Software that contain security vulnerabilities put your computer at great risk, as they can allow other malicious software or users to take control of your computer, which may lead to loss of important files or identity theft. The Check For Vulnerable Software tool scans your computer to look for installed software as well as left-over traces of old software containing known security vulnerabilities.
Windows AntiSpy allows you to disable Windows features that might have implications on your privacy. The tool is designed specifically for Windows 10 but many of its features are also available with other versions of Windows, make their use more private. In addition to privacy relating features, it also allows you to improve the user interface of Windows by adding or removing specific features as well as apply performance related tweaks.
Startup Timer measures the time your computer takes to start up. This tool also measures the impact that all of your automatically starting software have on the system startup to allow you to see exactly what is causing your computer to start slowly.
Pictures AntiSpy allows you to remove private metadata from your picture files. Using this tool you can safely remove private data such as camera model name, GPS location and time and date when the picture was taken and more relating private data from the digital photos for which you do not wish to store this information.
jv16 PowerTools 22.214.171.1242 bug fixes:
- Fix: The software can fail to start after installation and display an error message about not being able to create a directory.
- Fix: The software can display an "Stack Overflow" or "Access Violation" message during Initial Setup or Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan, which makes it impossible to use the software.
- Fix: If user attempts to uninstall many software with the Software Uninstaller AND also uninstall jv16 PowerTools as one of these software, the operation will fail as after jv16 PowerTools is uninstalled, the uninstallation of any remaining software will not take place as jv16 PowerTools cannot uninstall them as itself has already been uninstalled.
- Fix: In the case you are using jv16 PowerTools in a computer which has been turned on over 31 days, jv16 PowerTools can display an error message of "Range check error" relating to function LoadColumnWidths.
- Fix: If the software's installation directory has been corrupted, the software can start with a visually corrupted user interface missing all the texts.
- Fix: The software can display a "Range Check Error" message during Initial Setup or Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan.
- Fix: The software can display "System Error. Code: 1400. Invalid window handle." error message.
- Fix: The Initial Setup can be very slow in Windows Vista and Windows 8 based systems taking over 15 minutes to run.
- Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer scan can fail to complete at its final step and show "Out of Memory" error message.
- Fix: Certain tools, such as the first step of the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer, or the Duplicate File Finder shows a status bar at the bottom of the window while there is no need to show it and it is always empty.
- Fix: In some systems the Duplicate File Finder does not ever find any duplicate files.
- Fix: Uninstalling certain software with the Software Uninstaller can cause the program to show "Out of Memory" error message.
- Fix: If you enter a directory as an input to the Wipe Files tool, the tool will fail with an error message of "Failed to access directory" even if the directory can be accessed.
- Improvement: The Initial Setup will now run up to 80% faster.
- Improvement: Improved compatibility with jv16 PowerTools and Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Improvement: The software will now start faster, especially in cases where the software has been installed in to the system for a long time.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller will now find a lot more left-over files and directories of installed software.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware