jv16 PowerTools is a PC System Utilities Software that works by cleaning out unneeded files and data, cleaning the Windows registry, automatically fixing system errors and applying optimization to your system.
The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool allows you to run the History Cleaner and File Cleaner simultaneously, displaying their results in a single results window. Other tools such as the Startup Optimizer, Registry Compactor and Windows AntiSpy can be activated at once while using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool, depending on your preferences.
Software that contain security vulnerabilities put your computer at great risk, as they can allow other malicious software or users to take control of your computer, which may lead to loss of important files or identity theft. The Check For Vulnerable Software tool scans your computer to look for installed software as well as left-over traces of old software containing known security vulnerabilities.
Windows AntiSpy allows you to disable Windows features that might have implications on your privacy. The tool is designed specifically for Windows 10 but many of its features are also available with other versions of Windows, make their use more private. In addition to privacy relating features, it also allows you to improve the user interface of Windows by adding or removing specific features as well as apply performance related tweaks.
Startup Timer measures the time your computer takes to start up. This tool also measures the impact that all of your automatically starting software have on the system startup to allow you to see exactly what is causing your computer to start slowly.
Pictures AntiSpy allows you to remove private metadata from your picture files. Using this tool you can safely remove private data such as camera model name, GPS location and time and date when the picture was taken and more relating private data from the digital photos for which you do not wish to store this information.
jv16 PowerTools 22.214.171.1242 bug fixes:
Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer or Initial Setup can fail with an “Access Violation” error message on some systems.
Fix: The Duplicate File Finder may not find any duplicate files (always shows an empty result list) on some systems.
Fix: Clicking the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer or Startup Optimizer may not open the tool and just reload the main program window.
Fix: Enabling or Disabling automatically starting software with the Startup Manager can cause duplicate rows of data to show up on screen.
Fix: The Duplicate File Finder can fail to complete its scan with “Access Violation” error message.
Improvement: Improved the accuracy of the Software Uninstaller.
Improvement: The Startup Manager now show more accurate data of the automatically starting software in the system.
Improvement: The Duplicate File Finder will now automatically sort the found duplicate files by their file size. Before, the sorting order was random and it was not possible to manually sort by size either.
jv16 PowerTools 126.96.36.1994 bug fixes:
- Fix: Running the software could show an error message about Integer Overflow. This is purely a cosmetic issue.
- Fix: The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer can display an error message about an Access Violation the moment the scan has completed. While this problem does not cause any harm to the system, it may prevent user from completing the CSMC scan.
- Fix: On some systems and only affecting specific types of shortcut files, the CSMC can display shortcuts from user's Start Menu as broken shortcuts even if they are not broken. This affects for example the Windows 10's Math Input Panel's shortcut file in the Start Menu.
- The Duplicate File Finder will list the results sorted by size, starting with the biggest files.
v188.8.131.525 Bug Fixes:
- Fix: The Duplicate File Finder can list duplicate files of specific size under wrong categories, which can cause the user to incorrectly think all of them are identical with each other while they are not.
- Fix: The "Download Handbook" option doesn't always work in the installer. This issue is addressed by removing the option from the installer.
- Improvement: The Duplicate File Finder will list the results sorted by size, starting with the biggest files.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware