Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 6.0 combines reactive antivirus detection with the latest proactive technologies to provide your computer with solid and dependable protection against malicious programs. Beginners in particular will be pleasantly surprised to find a product that is simple to install and set up, while more advanced users will find a highly adaptable product that can be easily tailored to suit their individual requirements.
* On-the-fly scanning of emails & Internet traffic
* Proactive defense against new malicious programs
* Optimized antivirus scanning
* Protection from rootkits
* Instant database updates
* Simplicity and ease of use
* Protection from viruses, Trojans and worms
* Protection from spyware, adware and other potentially hostile programs
* Antivirus scanning for removable data storage media
* Scanning and disinfection of archived files
* Protection from dangerous macros in Microsoft Office documents
* Rollback of changes made by malicious programs on your computer
Improvements in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 126.96.36.1994:
* Support for the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
* Redesigned updating component.
* Alternative servers for activation of the application have been added.
* Disinfection of e-mail databases in PST format attached to a message is not supported.
* After work in the advanced disinfection mode to prevent an active infection links to deleted infected files may remain in the registry in some cases.
* Application of defined settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer functions incorrectly if different proxy servers are specified for various protocols.
* Scanning of VBA macros: monitoring of APIFUNCTION macro execution is disabled.