KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to manage your passwords in a secure way. You can put all your passwords in one database, which is locked with one master key or a key file. So you only have to remember one single master password or select the key file to unlock the whole database. The databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish).
KeePass is really free, and more than that: it is open source (OSI certified). You can have a look at its full source and check whether the encryption algorithms are implemented correctly.
- Strong Security
- Multiple User Keys
- Portable and No Installation Required, Accessibility
- Export To TXT, HTML, XML and CSV Files
- Import From Many File Formats
- Easy Database Transfer
- Support of Password Groups
- Time Fields and Entry Attachments
- Auto-Type, Global Auto-Type Hot Key and Drag&Drop
- Intuitive and Secure Clipboard Handling
- Searching and Sorting
- Multi-Language Support
- Strong Random Password Generator
- Plugin Architecture
- Open Source!
Changes from 2.50 to 2.51:
- Most dialogs with fixed size now detect whether they fit onto the current screen, and when a dialog does not fit (e.g. due to a very high DPI factor), its size is reduced and scroll bars are displayed.
- Added plural entry command names in the main window (e.g. the command for editing the currently selected entry/entries is now called either 'Edit Entry' or 'Edit Entries', depending on the number of selected entries).
- Added tooltip for the main part of the status bar of the main window.
- Enhanced color buttons (tooltips, accessible names, ...) in the entry dialog, in the database settings dialog and in the options dialog.
- Added 'Interface (2)' tab page in the options dialog, renamed the existing 'Interface' tab page to 'Interface (1)', moved some controls from 'Interface (1)' to 'Interface (2)'.
- Enhanced font selection controls (with a checkbox that allows to return to the default, the button shows the currently selected font, tooltip, improved accessibility, ...) in the options dialog.
- Added help links 'Dark theme' and 'Main font (size)' in the options dialog.
- The options 'Custom alt. item color' and 'Esc keypress in main window' are now disabled if they are enforced (by an enforced configuration file).
- Added support for opening URLs with Waterfox in private mode.
- Added dialog for editing (HMAC-based and time-based) one-time password generator settings (can be opened using the 'OTP Generator Settings' commands in the entry dialog or in the 'Edit Entry (Quick)' menu of the main window).
- Added entry commands 'Copy HMAC-Based OTP', 'Show HMAC-Based OTP', 'Copy Time-Based OTP' and 'Show Time-Based OTP' (in the 'Other Data' menu).
- Added entry commands 'Copy Title' and 'Copy Notes' (in the 'Other Data' menu).
- When switching to the 'Generate' tab page of the password generator dialog (no database open), the entropy collection dialog is displayed now, if the option 'Show dialog for collecting user input as additional entropy' is turned on.
- Added option 'Colorize password characters' in the HTML export/print dialog; the colors are customizable.
- Added options 'Custom main font' and 'Custom password font' in the HTML export/print dialog.
- Added horizontal entry separator lines in tabular HTML exports/printouts.
- In the plugins dialog, the 'Delete old files from cache automatically' option and the 'Clear' button are now disabled if they are enforced (by an enforced configuration file).
- Plugins can now change the expiry date of an entry more easily.
- Added workaround for Wine bug 52457.
- Improved main window initialization performance.
- Improved initial emergence of a minimized or maximized main window (less flickering, improved performance, ...).
- Improved names/tooltips of the database toolbar buttons in the main window.
- Improved handling of bold/italic list fonts.
- Improved entry list update performance in certain situations.
- Improved dynamic menu deconstruction performance.
- Fields starting with 'HmacOtp-' or 'TimeOtp-' are not shown in the entry string copy menu anymore.
- Improved tooltips and accessibility of password repetition text boxes.
- When a dark theme is active, the error background color of text boxes is darker now.
- Improved accessibility of expiry control groups.
- The title of the master key creation/change dialog is now adjusted to the context.
- Improved 'Compression' tab page of the database settings dialog (extended 'None' option description, improved accessibility, ...).
- If no color has been specified, the 'Custom alt. item color' button in the options dialog now shows the default color.
- Improved HTML generation for HTML exports/printouts.
- Improved default fonts used when printing or exporting to HTML.
- In block HTML exports/printouts, field names are not italic anymore (unless the user has selected an italic main font).
- In HTML exports/printouts, all field values except passwords are trimmed now.
- HTML exports/printouts: improved encoding of white-space characters in passwords.
- Improved horizontal entry separator lines in block HTML exports/printouts.
- TrlUtil: improved control classification.
- Increased Authenticode certificate key length.
- Various CHM/help improvements.
- Upgraded installer.
- Various UI text improvements.
- Various code optimizations.
- Minor other improvements.
- The command line parameter '-preselect:' now works as expected when the option 'Clear master key command line parameters after using them once' is turned on.
- Font selections in the options dialog are now applied only when closing the dialog with [OK].
Changes from 2.51 to 2.51.1:
- The option 'Use alternating item background colors' is now compatible with automatic sorting again.
- Improved entry list update performance when duplicating entries.
- Fixed an entry list scrolling bug.
- Minor other improvements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware