Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-deffered images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 3.2.0 RC1 changelog:
- Some cleanups when handling OpenGL
- Show a clearer error when loading the wintab32.dll file fails on Windows
- Fix a regression where bezier tools couldn’t close the curve and couldn’t create a second curve
- Fixes for working with multiple windows in subwindow mode where one of the documents is set to “stays on top”
- Fix resetting the Level of Detail cache when changing the visibility of a layer: this fixes an issue where after changing the visibility of a layer, the color picker would pick from an older version of the layer.
- Save the last used folder in the Reference Images Docker
- Don’t create nested autosave documents.
- Add recognizing uc-logic tablets on Linux
- Improve the stabilizer
- Improve the communication between Krita and the gmic-qt plugin
- Fix progress reporting after the gmic-qt filter returns
- Fix loading a custom brush preset that uses the text brush
- Update the new brush preset set
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware