Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-deffered images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 3.3.3 changelog:
- The Direct3d/Angle renderer is now the default for Intel users. Recent updates to the Intel display drivers have broken Krita on many more systems than before, so it’s better that everyone gets this workaround by default. If you experience decreased performance, you can always try to enable OpenGL again.
Other fixes and improvements include:
- Fix an issue where it would not be possible to select certain blending modes when the current layer is grayscale but the image is rgb.
- Set the OS and platform when reporting a bug from within Krita on Windows.
- Make it possible to enter color values as percentage in the specific color selector
- Add OpenGL warnings and make ANGLE default on Intel GPUs
- Add an Invert button to the levels filter
- Implement loading and saving of styles for group layers to and from PSD
- Fix the erase mode not showing correctly when returning to the brush tool
- Save the visibility of individual assistants in .kra files
- Add an option to draw ruler tips as a power of 2
- Disable autoscroll on move and transform tools.
- Improve handling of native mouse events when using a pen and the Windows Ink API
- Fix the focal point for the pinch zoom gesture
- Fix loading netpbm files with comment.
Download: Krita 3.3.3 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 3.3.3 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware