Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-deffered images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 4.0.1 changelog:
- Patch QSaveFile so working on images stored in synchronized folders (dropbox, google drive) is safe
- Fix duplicate shortcut on Photoshop scheme
- Alphabetize shortcut to make the diffs easier to read when doing changes
- Make the triangles larger on the categorized list view so they are more visible
- Disable the macro recorder and playback plugin
- Remove the docker titlebar lock and collapse buttons. BUG:385238 BUG:392235
- Set the pixel grid to show up at 2400% zoom by default. BUG:392161
- Improve the layout of the palette docker
- Disable drag and drop in the palette view: moving swatches around did not actually change the palette. BUG:392349
- Fix selecting the last used template in the new document dialog when using appimages. BUG:391973
- Fix canvas lockup when using Guides at the top of the image. BUG:391098
- Do not reset redo history when changing layer’s visibility. BUG:390581
- Fix shifting the pan position after using the popup widget rotation circle. BUG:391921
- Fix height map to normal map in wraparound mode. [full release notes]
Download: Krita 4.0.1 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.0.1 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware