Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-deffered images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 4.1.5 changelog:
- Associate Krita with .ico files
- Auto-update the device pixel ration when changing screens
- Disable autoscrolling for the pan tool
- Disable drag & drop in the recent documents list BUG:399397
- Disable zoom-in/out actions when editing text in rich-text mode BUG:399157
- Do not add template files to recent documents list BUG:398877
- Do not allow creating masks on locked layers. BUG:399145
- Do not close the settings dialog when pressing enter while searching for a shortcut BUG:399116
- Fill polyline shapes if some fill style was selected BUG:399135
- Fix Tangent Normal paintop to work with 16 and 32 bit floating point images BUG:398826
- Fix a blending issue with the color picker when picking a color for the first time BUG:394399
- Fix a problem with namespaces when loading SVG
- Fix an assert when right-clicking the animation timeline BUG:399435
- Fix autohiding the color selector popup
- Fix canvas scaling in hidpi mode BUG:360541
- Fix deleting canvas input settings shortcuts BUG:385662
- Fix loading multiline text with extra mark-up BUG:399227
- Fix loading of special unicode whitespace characters BUG:392710
- Fix loading the alpha channel from Photoshop TIFF files BUG:376950.
- Fix missing shortcut from Fill Tool tooltip. BUG:399111
- Fix projection update after undoing create layer BUG:399575
- Fix saving layer lock, alpha lock and alpha inheritance. BUG:399513
- Fix saving the location of audio source files in .kra files
- Fix selections and transform tool overlay when Mirror Axis is active BUG:395222
- Fix setting active session after creating a new one
- Fix showing the color selector popup in hover mode
- Fix the ctrl-w close window shortcut on Windows BUG:399339
- Fix the overview docker BUG:396922, BUG:384033
- Fix the shift-I color selector shortcut
- Fix unsuccessful restoring of a session blocking Krita from closing BUG:399203
- Import SVG files as vector layers instead of pixel layers BUG:399166
- Improve spacing between canvas input setting categories
- Make Krita merge layers correctly if the order of selecting layers is not top-down. BUG:399146
- Make it possible to select the SVG text tool text has been moved inside an hidden group and then made visible again BUG:395412
- Make the color picker pick the alpha channel value correctly. BUG:399169
- Prevent opening filter dialogs on non-editable layers. BUG:398915
- Reset the brush preset selection docker on creating a new document BUG:399340
- Support fractional display scaling factors
- Update color history after fill BUG:379199
Download: Krita 4.1.5 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.1.5 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware