LAV Filters are a set of open-source DirectShow filters, aimed to eventually replace the better part of the playback chain required to play all and any modern media. LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. Supported Formats: MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
LAV Filters are based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer a all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays.
Whats new in this version:
- Installer: The installer does now backup DirectShow registry settings before overwriting them, allowing uninstall to restore them
- NEW: Support for ProRes in MKV
- Fixed: Opening AviSynth scripts with LAV Splitter which used DirectShowSource to load LAV Splitter again caused a deadlock
- Fixed: Audio-only AviSynth scripts did not show a duration
- Fixed: Cue Sheets with directives with empty parameters could cause a crash
- Fixed: AVC1 video streams without SPS/PPS in the configuration record did not decode properly
- Fixed: Decoding H.264 streams with a resolution change using the DXVA2 Copy-Back decoder could crash
- Fixed: YUV->RGB conversion produced the wrong output for the last line of odd-height 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 files
- Changed: LAV Audio offers more alternate output configurations to the audio renderer if the audio renderer refuses our preferred format
- Fixed: Decoding AC3 audio with corrupted audio frames could cause unnecessary format changes to occur and disrupt playback
- Fixed: Decoding DTS audio on a CPU without SSE2 support could crash on some streams