LAVFSplitter is a multi-format media splitter that uses libavformat (the demuxing library from ffmpeg) to demux all sorts of media files.
LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. Supported Formats: MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
LAV Filters are based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer a all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays.
LAV Filters 0.72 changelog:
- Changed: Enabled CineformHD decoding by default, since the decoder has much improved
- Fixed: Decoding Matroska files with Linked Segments which used old x264 4:4:4 encodes could result in corruption
- NEW: Blu-ray Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 decoding and bitstreaming support
- NEW: LAV Audio will fallback to audio decoding if bitstreaming is not supported by the audio renderer/hardware
- Fixed: DTS-HD HRA bitstreaming did not work properly with many A/V receivers
- Fixed: TrueHD bitstreaming could result in drop-outs on high bitrate TrueHD+Atmos streams
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware