After numerous leaks featuring the G4 and the G4 Plus, Lenovo has finally launched the smartphones at its event in New Delhi. The Moto G4 Plus will be the first one to go on sale in the coming days, while the G4 will be made available next month.
The Moto G4 and G4 Plus smartphones once again offer a great combination of compelling features at an affordable price, and will initially be sold in India and Brazil, which are Moto's key markets. Both devices offer high-resolution screens, good cameras and sufficient battery capacity for normal tasks.
Most of the hardware specifications of the two smartphones are common, with the exception of a higher megapixel camera and a fingerprint sensor on the Plus variant. The detailed specs of the Moto G4 duo are as follows:
- 5.5-inch screen with 1080p (1920x1080) resolution
- Snapdragon 617 octa-core CPU and Adreno 405 GPU
- G4 Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage
- G4 Plus Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage / 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal storage
- Support for microSD cards up to 128 GB
- G4 Camera: 13-megapixel f/2.2 rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera with 84-degree wide-angle lens
- G4 Plus Camera: 16-megapixel f/2.0 rear camera and 5-megapixel front camera with 84-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery with Turbo Charging
- Dual sim card support
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
The Moto G4 Plus variants are priced at Rs. 13,499 ($202) and Rs. 14,999 ($224) respectively. However, the pricing of the G4 is currently unknown and will be revealed prior to the device's availability next month.