Microsoft Live Labs recently announced Seadragon for iPhone which indicated Microsofts interest with the iPhone. Microsofts Live Search team has now joined that list and has released Live Search for iPhone, though the announcement was made in the MacRumors forum last week unlike the official announcement of Seadragon.
Live Search for iPhone is not an iPhone app like the Google Mobile App but the Live Search team has tuned their mobile website for iPhone. Its an iPhone-friendly version of the Live Search site which means that the entire search site is now tailored for the iPhones screen.
Some of the features announced are:
- iPhone Friendly: The entire search site is tailored for the iPhones screen
- Personalization: You can add widgets like a local weather forecast or stock quotes to your Live Search homepage
- Saved locations: You can now save favourite locations like Home and Work
- Walking directions: Live Search now supports walking directions as well driving directions
- Mobile web results: Mobile web results now appear on top of results with a quick description
- Encarta answers: Encarta answers automatically appear on top of results
As the default search engine cannot be changed in iPhone (other than to Yahoo), the only thing Live Search lovers can do is to set it as their homepage or bookmark it.
Image Courtesy: MacRumors Forums