Around the middle of last month four Lumias started receiving the Denim firmware in India: the Lumia 525, Lumia 535 Dual SIM, Lumia 620 and Lumia 720. Now Lumia 830 users in India can add themselves to that list, as the Windows Phone 8.1 update with Lumia Denim started rolling out in the country today.
The update is being pushed gradually over-the-air, and those that have not yet seen an alert, should manually check for the update by going to Settings > phone updates > check for updates.
Although we have covered the update extensively in the past, here are a couple more notable features of Lumia Denim:
- Cortana – The most personal digital assistant on the market will now be available in the UK and China as a Beta. India, Canada and Australia will have access to Cortana as a public Alpha. For US residents, Cortana now includes an improved natural language, car kit integration via Bluetooth for contacts, snooze reminders and calendar improvements.
- Live folders – If you prefer to keep your apps or games organized, you can now put them into folders. Simply press, hold and drag an app over another to create a new folder on the Start screen. Each folder can be renamed by tapping on the text field above the open folder.
- Apps Corner – Create a customised Start screen, where only specific apps or games are accessible. This could be particularly useful in the workplace if you’re issuing Windows Phones to employees.
- SMS merge and forwarding – Select individual text messages to either delete them out of a messaging thread, or to copy and past them into a new message in order to forward them.
- Snooze Times – It’s now possible to customise the snooze time within the Alarm app.
- Consumer VPN – Maintain privacy and security when using data while connected to public Wi-Fi hotspots or even with your home Wi-Fi.
- Mobile Web Site improvements in IE – Connect and browse even faster with improved downloading speeds on mobile websites.
- Store Live Tile (US only) – The Store Live Tile displays featured apps and games that are the most popular in the Store, or most relevant for you.
While the update should already be available to you, if you have opted into the 'Preview for Developers' program, make sure that you disable this option, as it could prevent the update from showing at all.
Has your device received the Lumia Denim or Windows Phone 8.1.1 update yet? Let us know in the comments.
Source: Windows Central