MailSpring is an open source email client application which support Windows, MacOSX and Linux. Mailspring supports all IMAP providers, including Gmail, Office 365 and iCloud. It sports features such as an unified inbox, snoozing, reminders, templates, offline search, and support for Gmail labels. Mailspring is free for Mac, Windows, and Linux. However, if you use features like Snooze, Send Later, Send Reminders and Read Receipts often, you'll need to purchase a subscription to Mailspring Pro within the app. Mailspring Pro costs $8/mo and helps support the development of Mailspring.
About Mailspring ID
When you install Mailspring for the first time, you'll need to create a Mailspring ID. Your Mailspring ID is separate from your email account(s) and you can use any email address or password you'd like. Mailspring does not store your email passwords in the cloud. It syncs only the minimal amount of data required to power features like snooze, send later, etc., and uses a hashing mechanism to identify emails and associate it's metadata across installs.
If you create a Mailspring ID and later decide you don't want one, you can sign in to the Mailspring ID dashboard (https://id.getmailspring.com) at any time and permanently delete your account and all data associated with it.
Mailspring 1.1.4 fixes:
- Searching in the Sent folder (and other folders assigned mailbox roles) now works reliably.
- Connecting accounts no longer throws SIGABRT / 3221225477 errors in some scenarios. #292
- Connecting accounts no longer fails when the email provider returns non-UTF8 characters in IMAP responses.
- The open tracking pixel now has an alt tag that self-identifies it as a tracking pixel, which prevents messages from Mailspring from being flagged as spam by some providers. #668
- Mailspring no longer registers for the Utility and Development application categories and appears in the mail package category on Debian systems. #673, #678
- On Linux, the tray assets are larger again (48x48px) in an attempt to make them render properly in more distros.
- In the Taiga theme, the selected item in dropdown menus is visible. #674
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware